Examination and Result
Article 17 All courses shall be taken for examination or assessment. The examination shall be scored on a 100 scale and 60 points or above can pass the course. 60 or above will be eligible for credit. Attendance, performance, homework and quizzes are related to final grades and final exam is only a part of the results. Examination results and credits are recorded in the students’ record.
Article 18 The final 2 weeks of each semester shall be the final examination time
Article 19 The results can be calculated as follows: final examination results account for 60% of the total credit; attenance, homework, performance and quizzes account for 40%; Not submitting homework, not participating in the experiment or being absent for more than one third of the total credit hours shall not participate in the final examinations of the course and that course would be scored zero.
Article 20 During the examination period, it is not allowed to take absence leave. Those who are unable to attend the examination due to illness or other special reasons shall submit the relevant proof materials and applications and, upon approval, may participate in the examination. Without approval, students who do not participate in the examination for no reason will have to take this course again.
Article 21 Make-up examinations: the students whose examination results or assessment results are not qualified, or cheating in the exam which is not serious, need to take make-up exam which will be arranged within the first 2 weeks of the next semester. Those who pass the exam will get the corresponding credits for the course, and the score will be recorded as 60 or pass.
Article 22 Deferred exam: students cannot take the exam due to illness or special reasons, must make to deferred-exam application in advance. After International Education School Student Management Office and corresponding department approved, it will be reported to the INTERNATIONAL DEPARTMENT Office of Academic Affairs for the record, and then students can take the deferred exam. Deferred-exam and make-up exam will be done at the same time. There is no chance for the students to take the deferred-exam to take the make-up exam at the same time.
Article 23 Exemptions: For the students who have repeated a year or transferred from another university or change his/her major, if they have already obtained the course credit, they may apply for exemption by submitting a written application by the student himself/herself. After approval by his department, he will go to the International Department for record.
Article 24 University encourages students to actively learn Chinese. If students have passed HSK 4, they need not to learn corresponding Chinese courses.
第二十四条 学校鼓励学生积极学习汉语，接受学生参加HSK 4考试的成绩折算成汉语课的成绩，成绩合格可以免修。
Article 25 retake course
1. Under the following circumstances, students should retake course:
(1) Students who failed the course exam and its make-up exam and did not get the credit for the course;
(2) Without the approval from INTERNATIONAL DEPARTMENT, those who do not participate in the examination, assessment, deferred exam or make-up exam;
(3) Those who cheated in the exam and thus scored zero or those who did serious cheating in the exam;
(4) Those who do not submit their assignment for more than 1/3 of the total or being absent for more than 1/3 of the total will be scored zero.
2. The study and examinations of retaking courses are conducted within the class. There are no restrictions on the number of retaking courses. However, the students who have joined the retaking programs must complete the study and examinations within the prescribed academic years. Otherwise, they will be have to extend their academic year.
3. Retaking courses is required to make an application. Those students who have been approved to participate in the retaking will be required to take the test. Those who have passed the examination will record the scores according to the actual scores. Those who failed are allowed to take the make-up exam once.
Article 26 Examination Discipline: Those who are absent in the exam or seriously violate the discipline of the examination shall be scored zero for their academic achievements and shall not take part in the normal make-up examinations and shall be dealt with severely according to the relevant regulations of INTERNATIONAL DEPARTMENT.
Article 27 Transcript: Issue transcript both in English and Chinese when international students graduated or completed their courses. Before you graduate, if you need transcript, please register with the Office 5 working days in advance.
Department of International Relations